National Federation of the Blind of South Dakota 2020 STATE CONVENTION
October 24th, 2020
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind South Dakotans!
The 2020 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of South Dakota will be held virtually via Zoom due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are proud to announce that Mark Riccobono, president of the National Federation of the Blind, will be serving as our national rep this year. His bio can be found at https://www.nfb.org/about-us/leadership/presidents-corner/mark-riccobono.
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2020 state convention of the NFBSD. Get Involved. Make a Difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
Registration for the 2020 State Convention is $65.00 per person. This includes all activities during the convention and banquet.
Please download one of the following registration forms and sent to the state office with your registration payment by Saturday, October 10 to help with meal count for the banquet.
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Registration Form (Word Document)
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Registration Form (PDF)
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Agenda (HTML)
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Agenda (Word Document)
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Business Meeting Agenda (HTML)
- 2020 NFBSD State Convention Business Meeting Agenda (Word Document)
Attending the Virtual Convention
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 980 6606 1470
|One tap mobile:||
|Dial by your location:||
Meeting ID: 980 6606 1470
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/akTourmhg
Join by Skype for Business:
Code of Conduct
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.
The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:
- harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
- harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)
Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more information.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check back often. For more information, please contact us at 410-925-0707 or email@example.com.