National Federation of the Blind of South Dakota 2021 STATE CONVENTION
April 24th, 2021
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind South Dakotans!
The National Federation of the Blind of South Dakota is proud to announce our 2021 State Convention! Once again, this event will be held anywhere and everywhere with FREE registration! Please save the date of Saturday, April 24.
Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB’s programs and goals on the state and national level. Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state importance, membership, technology, Braille, students, and parents’ concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2021 and much more!
We are proud to announce that Kevan Worley, executive director of the National Association of Blind Merchants and board member of the Colorado Center for the Blind, will be serving as our national rep this year.
Please visit this space often for further details.
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2021 state convention of the NFBSD. Get Involved. Make a Difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
How many reasons do you need to register by Saturday, April 17, 2020? Here are just a few:
- Registration is free: no travel costs, no hotel fees, and no expensive restaurants
- You'll help the NFBSD collect current contact information for everyone who registers!
- You can wear casual comfy clothes and footwear of your choice to all of the sessions, even the banquet! No need to get up early!
- All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite organization, the NFB of SD!
To register, click on the link below:
Using the arrow keys will greatly improve your ability to view all of the information on this form when navigating with a screen reader.
To make a donation via check or money order, please make check payable to NFBSD and mail to:
National Federation of the Blind of South Dakota
708 E. 20 Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
In the memo please write convention donation
Code of Conduct
As an attendee at our convention, you not only represent yourself but also represent our greater organization. We want you to enjoy our time together and to make new friends and renew old acquaintances. Although we encourage members to socialize and have fun, the convention also provides a valuable opportunity to come together to continue the work of our organization, to learn about the important initiatives that we are involved with on local and national levels, and to plan our work for the future.
The National Federation of the Blind seeks to provide a convention environment in which diverse participants, including members, speakers, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, may learn, network, and enjoy the company of friends and colleagues in an environment of mutual respect and professionalism. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and uphold that atmosphere for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are therefore specifically prohibited:
- harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, physical appearance, or other group identity
- harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- public drunkenness and associated behaviors (e.g., belligerence, yelling, hostility, destruction of property)
Participants are expected to abide by these rules and behaviors in all convention venues, including online arenas, social media, and social events. Participants who are asked to stop a behavior that the recipient considers hostile or harassing are expected to comply immediately. We are committed to diversity, equity, and the free expression of ideas. Please visit https://nfb.org/code-conduct for more information.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check back often. For more information, please contact us at 605-339-9207 or email@example.com.